A goal without a plan is just a wishAntoine de Saint-Exupéry
Progress is made one step at a time, and the trick is to keep moving. Given that the start and end points are well defined, the direction is set and the path is clear.
This is my first stab at mapping out a data science learning journey, and there will no doubt be adjustments along the way.
But as the wise 老子 (Lǎozǐ) once said: “千里之行，始于足下”, or in English: “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”.
So let’s get started, ikimasho!
I’ll list out the key checkpoints in the journey, and will use the NATO phonetic alphabet to identify each step. Because simply using a, b, c… or 1, 2, 3… would be boring.
- Checkpoint Alfa: Theoretical foundation
- Checkpoint Bravo: Basic computing tools
- Checkpoint Charlie: Visualisation
- Checkpoint Delta: Basic machine learning toolbox
- Checkpoint Echo: Advanced machine learning toolbox
- Checkpoint Foxtrot: Advanced computing tools
- Checkpoint Golf: Kaggle competitions
- Checkpoint Hotel: Paid projects
I’ll be providing details of each checkpoint in subsequent posts, so stay tuned.